Archive for November, 2009

Shark Attack!


I encountered many problems on the way. My shark started to be in the wrong shape, so it needs to shape up! My armature was fine but when it came to covering the armature with newspaper, it went totally wrong. I had put too much scrunched up paper near the tail, so it wasn’t looking good. I made the shark have a bump on its head and it wasn’t really looking like a shark at all. I asked other people and Mr. Pat and they all said “What is that?” and so I let them guessed and they said “A Crocodile?” or “An Alligator?”. So I wasn’t very happy with my work. My tail was looking bad because it wasn’t covered up and it is still in  a bottled shape. I still need to do my fins. My other problem is…TIME!!!!  I’m running out of TIME!

This is me tackling with the shark. It was a very difficult job. In the end, I think that I will be able to tame the shark, making it look good and all.


I plan to cure my injuries by making my fins and make the tail the right shape by using a future board. After I got the shape of the fins on the future boar, I then cut them out and cover them in paper. When they are thick enough, I will stick them onto the shark with masking tape. I will also put more layers of paper on my shark’s head so that it won’t look like an alligator or a crocodile. I used strings to make my shark thinner because it was looking out of shape (it looked like hammed shark then then!). After that, all I need to do is put more layers until it the shark shapes up. By then I’ll  hopefully be ready to paint. I really must hurry but I still want to do a good job because I want to prove to Mr. Pat that he was wrong about me not finishing the shark!